Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    9jablogsport.com.ng
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    9jablogsport.com.ng
    Manchester United

    “We’re left with no choice but to turn to our backup option since his club won’t let him leave, even though the player himself is keen. Now we must push ahead to find a proper Casemiro replacement,” Ruben Amorim reportedly said, as Manchester United prepare a £50m move for the ‘absolute monster’ after the collapse of the Baleba deal.

    JadeBy JadeAugust 16, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read

    Manchester United are reportedly eyeing Sporting CP captain Morten Hjumland after missing out on Carlos Baleba, according to The Sun.

     

    The Red Devils have already strengthened their attack this summer with big signings like Matheus Cunha, Bryan Mbeumo, and Benjamin Sesko. With those moves done, manager Ruben Amorim is now focusing on other areas of the squad.

     

    United had been in pursuit of Brighton’s Baleba, but the deal has collapsed for now. Instead, Amorim is turning to Hjumland, a player he knows well from his time at Sporting.

     

    Hjumland, labeled by journalist Zach Lowy as an “absolute monster,” played a crucial role under Amorim, featuring 65 times, winning two league titles, a Taca de Portugal, and eventually captaining the club. With the Baleba deal pushed back until next summer, United are preparing a £50m bid for the 26-year-old midfielder to bolster their options before the transfer window shuts in two weeks.

     

    Although his contract carries a £68m release clause, Sporting are reportedly willing to accept around £50m plus add-ons.

     

    United are also monitoring Crystal Palace star Adam Wharton, though a late deal would be difficult. Still, Hjumland is said to be keen on a Premier League move and a reunion with Amorim, even without European football

    on offer.

    Jade
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Bruno Fernandes showed real class by giving back his Man of the Match award to a Manchester United teammate who delivered a flawless 10/10 performance.

    February 8, 2026

    Bryan Mbeumo rocked North London after scoring the opening goal in Manchester United’s commanding 2–0 victory over his former manager’s side.

    February 8, 2026

    While Benjamin Šeško’s stunning pirouette finish stole the spotlight, the true hero of the win was the DEFENSIVE MONSTER who held everything together when chaos threatened to take over.

    February 1, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.