Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    9jablogsport.com.ng
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    9jablogsport.com.ng
    Chelsea

    Semenyo snubs Manchester City at the last moment to join rival Premier League side

    JadeBy JadeJanuary 1, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read

    Pep Guardiola has intentionally sidestepped questions about Manchester City’s reported interest in Antoine Semenyo ahead of the January transfer window.

    The Bournemouth forward is said to be moving closer to a big-money switch to the Etihad, with City reportedly prepared to activate the £65 million ($87m) release clause in his contract.

    Sources at ESPN indicate that discussions between the clubs and the player’s representatives are ongoing, but Guardiola refused to be drawn into the topic during his press conference on Wednesday.

    “I honestly don’t know anything about that,” the City manager said.

    “I have no updates at all. As far as I’m concerned, it’s as if the transfer window doesn’t even exist right now.”

    Should Semenyo arrive, his signing could lead to movement elsewhere in the squad, with Oscar Bobb potentially leaving to make room.

    Borussia Dortmund have been mentioned as possible suitors for the injured Norwegian winger, but Guardiola again avoided commenting when asked about Bobb’s future.

    “You should ask Oscar that question, not me,” he replied.

    City travel to Sunderland on Thursday, looking to close the gap on league leaders Arsenal after their convincing 4–0 win over Aston Villa on Tuesday night.

    When it was suggested that the title race may now be a two-horse contest, Guardiola dismissed the idea, saying it was far too early for such claims.

    “The story changes every week,” he said. “Not long ago people said Arsenal had already won it, then it became a three-team fight, and now suddenly it’s being framed as a one-sided race. We just have to stay calm and let the season develop.”

    Jade
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Former Manchester City and Chelsea winger Raheem Sterling sealed a surprise transfer to Feyenoord earlier this week, but he has not yet been able to train after being prevented from accessing the club’s training facilities.

    February 14, 2026

    “Tell him to clear out his locker and get out of my club right now — I will not tolerate lazy players. I’m not paying huge wages for someone who gives me nothing in return.” According to reports, the Chelsea owner has delivered a brutal ultimatum to Liam Rosenior, demanding that the £50 million flop be sold immediately or both men could find their positions under serious threat.

    February 4, 2026

    Fuming Conor Jean-Clair Todibo clashes with Chelsea players following a reckless challenge.

    February 1, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.